Netgear WiFi extender is the best remedy to get fast internet access in every corner
of the house. It fetches wireless signals coming from the main router and amplify them. Netgear extenders are one of the best devices to get whole-home coverage.
Like any other networking device, the Netgear extender is also prone to technical glitches. And the issues with Netgear extender (if experienced!) might ruin your internet experience.
Keeping this in mind, we have come up with this write-up to fix common yet major Netgear extender issues. Let’s get started!
How to Fix Common Netgear WiFi Range Extender Issues?
Issue 1: Cannot Access the Settings of Netgear WiFi Range Extender
If you are unable to access or change the settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender, then don’t worry. We’ve got your back! Simply go through the instructions given below to gain access to your extender’s settings:
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is powered on properly.
- Clear all the temporary and junk files from the internet browser you are using.
- Use the correct web URL for accessing the Netgear extender login page. If you are using an Apple, Mac, or iOS device, use mywifiext. local. And if you are using a Windows or Android device, use mywifiext net.
- Opt for another internet browser.
Issue 2: Slow Internet after Netgear Extender Setup
If your internet is slow even after Netgear extender setup, then your network may be the culprit. If multiple devices are connected to your home WiFi network, then you may encounter issues with the Netgear extender.
To fix the slow internet issue, go through the steps given below:
- Turn off those WiFi devices that are not in use.
- Also, disable apps that are running in the background and consuming your data.
- Create a separate network for your guests.
- Change the WiFi password frequently.
Issue 3: Unable to Change the Login Details of Netgear Extender
Your Netgear WiFi extender comes with the default login details i.e. username and password. For security reasons, it is recommended to change the default admin details of your Netgear extender so that no anonymous person can enter your home network without your permission.
In the event that you face issues while changing the extender’s default login credentials, go through the tips given below:
- Have access to the internet browser to log in to your extender.
- Make sure you are connected to Netgear range ext.
- Open a web browser and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar. On the off chance if the web address mywifiext is not working for you, use 192.168.1.250.
- Once logged in successfully, provide the extender’s old password into the given field.
- Now, enter the new one. Re-enter it to confirm.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
Issue 4: Slow Uploading and Downloading Speed with Netgear WiFi Extender
The downloading and uploading speed varies upon multiple factors. For instance, if there are a number of apps installed on your device, then uploading and downloading speed may slow down.
To fix this issue, consider the troubleshooting tips outlined underneath:
- Delete all the unwanted apps.
- If you don’t wanna delete the apps, try to turn them off when not in use.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is connected to your home router and receiving an active internet connection from it.
The Final Words
So, these were a few common yet major Netgear WiFi range extender issues along with their definite solutions. In the event that you are still struggling with any issue with your extender, get in touch with us through the comments section.