The number of internet users has increased significantly over the years. After all, everything is becoming digitalized. However, you must know that the internet is not a safe place to be. Of course, you can explore a ton of opportunities online. But there are some malicious actors on the web too. They can simply hack their way into your system and steal your private information if you are not careful. One way to protect yourself online is to change the Optimum WiFi password. If you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry! This guide is just for you.
Why Should You Change Optimum WiFi Password?
It is important to change the Optimum WiFi password. This will assure you more security against cybercriminals. You should never keep using the same password for a long time. Instead, it is recommended to change it as often as you can. If you follow this practice, there will be fewer chances of you getting hacked.
Also, when you are creating a password, you have to make sure that it’s complicated. You have to make it really difficult so that no hacker can guess it easily. A strong password usually includes a combination of upper- and lower-case letters along with special characters and numbers. Moreover, make sure that your password is at least 14 – 16 characters long.
Steps to Know How to Change Optimum WiFi Password
If you have been wondering about how to change Optimum WiFi password, you will be glad to know that it’s super easy. All you have to do is follow a few steps. And here they are:
- Launch your favorite browser and go to http://router.optimum.net/
- You will now need to enter your credentials.
- Go to Basic Settings and find your WiFi name and password.
- Rename the network whatever you like.
- You will find the Edit button. Click on it and change the password.
- Save the settings.
- You can connect to the internet with your new password.
If the password that you created did not work and you are unable to connect to the internet, it is suggested to call your provider right away. You can tell them about the issue, and they will present you with a solution.
Read Suggestion: Cox Gigablast 1GBPs Internet Detailed Features and Pricing
Changing the Name of Your Optimum WiFi
It’s not hard to change the name of your Optimum WiFi. You just have to follow some steps to do it perfectly. Here’s what you have to do:
- Go to Settings of your device.
- Choose WiFi from the Settings.
- If you wish to connect your smart devices, you will need an SSID and a password. Both of them are given on the back of your router.
- You can now select the name of the WiFi from the list.
- Insert the password and then check if you are connected to the internet.
And voila! This is how to change the WiFi name and password of your Optimum connection.
How to Fix Your Optimum WiFi Internet
If you are having connection issues and your Optimum internet is not working, don’t worry! Just follow the steps below, and your issue will be resolved.
- Check if your WiFi is turned on. You can do that by going to Settings on the device.
- Verify if you are connected to the right network.
- Make sure that your router is not placed in a spot where signals fail to reach the entire house.
- Check if your device is connected to the internet. If not, restart the router by turning it off and on.
Why Do You Need Optimum ID?
It is essential for you to get an Optimum ID as it will help you access WiFi hotspots that are installed at various locations. You can then use the hotspot to do whatever you like, whether it is to check your Optimum bill pay status or to stream a show on Netflix. You will even be able to set up voicemail on your phone if you have the ID. It doesn’t matter what you use the ID for, just change the password often so you can remain secure online.
If you are creating your Optimum ID for the first time, visit optimum.net/idhelp. And if you want to retrieve your ID, you can simply switch to channel 903. Yes, the channel number remains the same regardless of what Optimum TV packages you are subscribed to. You can even reach out to the provider and ask for it.
Even though the internet is a great tool that has provided a lot of conveniences, it cannot be denied that there are many bad actors on the web. There are cyber criminals who mean harm to you. They can infiltrate your system to steal your valuable data. But there are different measures that you can take to stop that from happening. And one of them is to change your WiFi password.
Now you know how crucial it is to change Optimum WiFi password regularly. This will only keep the hackers away and your data safe!