Spotify is one of the top audio streaming platforms that is used by millions of people regularly. This service is available in more than 180 countries. It includes over 82 million songs from different record labels and media companies. The best thing about this service is that it is free! Yes, you read that right! However, do keep in mind that the free version will give you limited features. Plus, there will be advertisements as well which may spoil your listening experience. Hence, many people prefer subscribing to the premium version.
If you are already a Spotify premium user, there may come a time when you want to quit your subscription. There can be different reasons for this. For instance, you no longer want it, or you have found another service that you like. Whatever your reason is, it is simple to cancel Spotify premium.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium
It is quite simple to cancel a Spotify subscription. It should not take more than a few minutes to complete the process. Before proceeding further, please keep in mind that you will not be able to cancel Spotify premium via the mobile or desktop app. With that said, let’s have a look at how you can get quit your subscription.
Canceling Spotify Premium on a Web Browser
Just like you will visit the website of the provider if you want to cancel Optimum service, you will have to go to Spotify’s official website If you wish to unsubscribe. Here is what you will have to do:
- Launch your favorite web browser and visit the Spotify website.
- Enter the credential and log in to your account.
- If you are on a web browser, you will have to tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right to select Login.
- Once you have logged in, go to Your Account page.
- If you are on mobile, tap three horizontal lines like you did before and select Account.
- Scroll down the page and go to the section that says Your Plan.
- Once there, click or tap Change Plan.
- A new page will open.
- Scroll down till you reach the Spotify Free section and then hit Cancel Premium.
- You will then be taken to a new page where the service will remind you what you will lose if you cancel the plan.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find an option that says Continue to Cancel. Tap on it!
- Now hit, Yes, Cancel. This will confirm your cancellation.
- After this is done, you will be taken to a Spotify Free account.
Once all these steps are complete, you will no longer be subscribed to Spotify Premium!
Quitting Spotify Premium by Using Apple ID
You can cancel Spotify Premium subscription via your iPhone’s Apple ID Settings if you got the service with Apple App Store. Here is what you will need to do:
- Grab your iPad or iPhone and go to Settings.
- Once there, enter your name and Apple ID at the top of the Settings homepage.
- When your Apple ID page opens, click Subscriptions.
- A list of your subscriptions will now appear.
- Find Spotify and then tap on Cancel Subscription.
Once you complete these steps in order, the process will be complete. You can refer this way to anyone who asks about how to cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone.
Read Suggestion: Cox Gigablast 1GBPs Internet
Unsubscribing from Spotify Premium on Android
It is really simple to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium on Android. The entire process can be done in a few easy steps. It’s like you cancel Showtime subscription. Here is what you are required to do:
- Open a web browser on your Android device like Google Chrome.
- Enter the address spotify.com/account in the URL space.
- This will take you to your Spotify account.
- Once there, visit the option that says Your Plan.
- Now tap on Change Plan.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you will see all the available plans.
- Once there, scroll down to the Spotify Free section.
- Here you will see an option, Cancel Premium. Hit that!
- A new page will open. Scroll down and then tap Continue to Cancel.
- You will now receive a prompt that will ask if you really want to go ahead with the cancellation.
- Click the option, Yes, Cancel.
And voila! You have successfully canceled the subscription. This is how to cancel Spotify Premium on Android the right way!
Spotify is one of the hottest audio streaming services that millions of people use daily to listen to their favorite music. However, some people may not find it very appealing, which is why they think of unsubscribing. If you too wish to cancel Spotify Premium, you can follow the aforementioned ways to complete the process. But if not, then take care of Cox bill pay timely so you can keep enjoying the service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel Spotify Premium?
You can cancel Spotify Premium through the website and by using your Apple ID.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on iPhone?
You can do that by using your Apple ID.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on Android?
This can be done by visiting Spotify’s official website.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on Android app?
You cannot cancel the service on the Android app.
How to cancel Spotify Premium trial?
Go to Spotify’s official website and then head to Account. View the detail of your plans and then cancel the service.
How to cancel Spotify family premium?
Visit Spotify.com to cancel any service plan that you are subscribed to.
How to cancel Spotify Premium Singtel?
Go to your Accounts on the Spotify website and head over to your plans to cancel the subscription.